Pressing R with a speedloader in inventory does not reload an empty magnum in hands.
- Have Not Tried
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Operating System Version
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0 Build 10586)
I produced this issue using the following steps:
- I had an empty magnum in my backpack (blue taloon). No rounds.
- located a full magnum speedloader (damanged I believe)
- Moved magnum speedloader to my pants
- Moved empty magnum to my hands (never loaded, never shot, never emptied that I can remember)
- Pressed "R" repeatedly, nothing happened.
- Closed Inventory screen, pressed "R" repeatedly, nothing happened.
- Dragging speedloader to the magnum successfully filled the magnum and emptied the speedloader, dropping the empty speedloader back to my pants slot.
Perhaps this only works with a magnum that had previously been loaded or has ammo in it? I was unable to test those scenarios.
I would classify this under Category: Weapon Mechanics maybe, but Controls was the best I could find.
Has this issue occured to you at 0.60? If so, then the R key no longer works as reload, but instead is used to load in next round / emptying the current one (with magnum being an exception, the R key spins its cylinder).
Yes, Sorry. This was on. 60
So, if R will not trigger the speedloader, does the speedloader still have a purpose? Is it a faster animation to drag a speedloader to the Magnum then to just drag a pile of rounds to it?
Currently the speedloader does not give any advantage due to the change in the reloading system, however there are some features that are going to be implemented in the future, which will make the speedloader useful once again.