When standing still and in freelook, the eyePos command does not update at all.
It does not update until:
- You move
- You rest
- You salute
- You switch weapons (it updates simultaneously with the weapon being holstered/put on back)
- You switch from weapons lowered to weapons raised
- You lean left/right (interestingly it even updates when no lean animation is performed at all, e.g. when unarmed)
- You open your inventory
- You execute: player setpos (getpos player); (however player setdir ANGLE; does not update it!)
- And probably a bunch of others things that I haven't tested yet.
Also, it doesn't seem to update when unarmed and any of the "ambient" animations occur, see this picture; here
The sphere indicates the position what eyePos is outputting. (And yes, the timing on the picture is....well...yeah :) )
If any developer could perhaps take a look at this and find the pattern and create a fix it'd be immensely appreciated.
I have attached a repro mission made on the 2D editor (basically a sphere + eachFrame EH + setpos)