I have the following setup:
- My own custom P drive
- Buldozer installed via devP.bat -update
- Tools are dev branch, but game/buldozer is from the stable branch
- P drive content from stable branch
Starting Buldozer from O2 will result in the buldozer.exe being launched. O2 will show the "Searching External Viewer" window, but it will count down and fail if left alone.
I can make the viewer connect with the following trick:
- Press ALT-Tab if buldozer is active
- Press LWIN-Tab. This will display all windows on the desktop
- Search for a small window "Viewer Search". It will pop up periodically for a second or two
- Once the window appears, activate it by clicking on it.
- Buldozer will now have connected and shows the model as expected.
Sometimes, in VERY rare cases, subsequent starts of Buldozer will work right away, but as a rule, the above steps are needed.