_Something wrong happens when:
- arma 3 (or armalauncher?) tries to access mydocuments folder for gathering info about game settings
- arma 3 tries to access mydocuments folder to create an additional user/player
- it's not possible to change language, in this case from english to italian (.rpt states "Unsupported language English in
_I had problems with controls settings for quite some time (such as keybindings not properly working,
controllers that sometimes lose their settings) before realizing these issues.
_All .rpt I could see across the time I encountered this problem say that: "Cannot access My Documents"
STEPS I DID:
_**Changing language by game menu: options>game
_**Changing language by steamapp: my games>left click on arma>properties>language
_Changing permissions and ownerships.
_Reinstalled the whole game and steamapp whithout any mod.
_Paste my old arma 3 config folder into mydocuments, but it is not recognized, I guess because it's not able to access
_Removed "C:\Users\user\Documents\Arma 3" and launched the game, but instead of creating another
"C:\Users\user\Documents\Arma 3" folder with profile configurations inside, a new profile is created in
"D:\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3", and when I try to edit it or create another profile the game crashes and returns
0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
What Bohemia Interactive community wiki states:
"0xC0000005 - ACCESS_VIOLATION
Can also be STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
This error is very generic. It may be caused by many issues, such as a hardware malfunction, a virus in the computer,
but also an error in the game itself. Possible solutions:
- Try changing the Memory Allocator you are using (default: "tbb4malloc_bi" - try "system" on Windows 7 and later)
- Try joining another server, then rejoin the previous one.
- Update the graphics card drivers to a newer version.
- Rollback the graphics card drivers to an older version.
- Check the temperature of your GPUs and CPUs.
- Verify the integrity of the game cache using Steam.
- Re-install DirectX.
- Uninstall the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package (both x86 and x64 version), restart your computer and install
the package again (do not use the Repair function).
- Run a Windows System File Check tool to repair corrupted system files.
_Tried all above, except for rolling back the graphic card (never had a problem with it), removed all drivers, cleaned registry,
tried whitout them, then reinstalled (never had a problem with it), but that wasn't working.
The same problems occurs launching arma locally, directly from arma3_x64.exe, except that it does not return any dialog reporting error code.