Things that have happened, after dropping a container ( and moving far away from it probably a 10 km ) and then reconnecting to the same server where you dropped it. Will fix it UNTIL you walk back into its range.
Issues with connection (or instance of a connection in this case) sometime the server might work, but only that particular connection instance. Same server might not work if you reconnect, this might be a performance issue OR an issue with player vicinity having more containers. It is very rare for a server to work after reconnecting once the bug has already happened (unless the particular problem was in someone else's inventory within the vicinity, which has happened when a friend collected like 7 containers)
I've tested if it was save data related or by exchanging accounts with a friend to see if he got the same problem on a save that I CONFIRMED had it, it turns out he played perfectly fine. And i managed to recreate the bug in his account as well, which indicates its related to MY END but triggered by the containers, this does not mean it can't be fixed or bypassed by better coding on the developers end either.
Here is what I can confirm so far:
- The containers definitely trigger the bug on a new synchronization (or connection) to the servers.
- It is something in OUR network configuration / PC that is CAUSING the RARENESS of it.
- It is NOT the saved CHARACTER AND/OR ITEM that gets bugged.
- It is related to the VICINITY of the player, as some spawn where you MIGHT be near some containers (on a Player OR GROUND?)
- Approximately 3-6 containers are required for this to occur, it probably varies on the configuration issue.
- What happens is the connection with the server, is maintained but ONE-SIDED, thep layer can communicate to the server.
- BUT the server tries and fails to communicate back OR the player fails to RECEIVE it.
- It happens in both stable and experimental.