Trying to respawn empty aircraft on "starting positsion" when the vehicle elevation is set higher than 1, then the (empty) aircraft spawns with engineOn, gear up and it will "fly" away. Problematic when trying to respawn aircrafts on Nimitz aircraft carrier or in any similar situation.
- Legacy ID
- Operating System
- Windows 7
- Open Editor
- Create player (preferably explosion specialist)
- Create aircraft (empty plane)
- Set aircraft elevation higher than 1
- Create Vehicle Respawn Module
- Sync Respawn Module to the aircraft
- Set Positsion "Starting Positsion"
- Start Preview
- Destroy the aircraft
- New aircraft will spawn as flying and goes on its way
If this is indended then there should be option to set it as flying or none or what ever.
EDIT: Since BI doesn't care about bugs that won't get up voted, here is solution: Make vehicle spawn on the ground and then place a trigger under it and use setpos or setposASL command to insert it where ever you want it.
Bumping this issue, seems more relevant now that we're getting the USS Freedom with the upcoming DLC, as any aircraft respawned(via the respawn module) on the carrier will fly away and usually explode.