I find making it an "option" highly pointless.
There are many games out there on steam that have a launcher as default so it is possible.
- People will realize that the game now has a launcher.
- People will realize they can download mods of the steam workshop.
- People will realize they can configure which mods can be launched that they have downloaded from the steam workshop
- People will realize that
- And most importantly, people that set up their specific configuration through the launcher don't have to keep pressing "Open Launcher" as an option but already have it saved.
- None. Maybe the fact that you have to click 1 more time to get into game?