Similar to the regular "lock" command, please consider adding the "lockInventory" and "lockedInventory" commands.
-> unit lockIventory Boolean
-> Boolean = lockedInventory unit
The idea behind those would be to disable the player from beeing able to access the contents of a Vehicle/Object.
This should work for all objects with a cargospace.
Similar to the "lock" command, the effect should only be local which would make this a very useful command both in singleplayer and multiplayer.
Applications include (but are not limited to):
- Missions where equipment is hard to come by or boxes have to be unlocked first (agreed, that part could also be realized by clearing/adding the contents)
- personal lockboxes in MP (that do not rely on making a local copy of the box)
- equipment caches or secured transport vehicles that are only accessible to one team
- player blocked from picking up anything (for example when hes playing as a restrained hostage)
- weaponholders as decoration – without people beeing able to pick them up or put more stuff into them
- weaponholders as decoration – without cluttering the actionmenu
I do assume that this would be relatively simple to accomplish but has great benefit for missionmakers and scripters. Both for simplification and for realizing things that would not otherwise be possible.