As the previous topic on beta helicopter physics has been cancelled(resolved), and there was request to create topic about specific helicopters, here's the first one.
As a start I will put my opinion on mi-48. As it is a similar design like KA-52(coaxial) I believe there should be some advantages of this system comparing to Comanche. First few key advantages:
- coaxial - 6-10% more efficient as compared to single-rotor
- higher vertical rate of climb
- lower moments of inertia
- more stable, much better controllability
How could it be in Arma comparing to Comanche, but still remaining with some kind of balance:
- the possibility to turn side-ways, but the turn itself would be slower, i would propose the possibility to turn 90* even at 150-170kmh(previously:200kmh), the ability to turn 180* at 100kmh, the ability to turn 45* at 220kmh(previously:250kmh).
- max speed should be higher than RAH-99's(KA-52 max speed is around 315) - i personally propose speed of around 315-330(comparing to comanches 300)
- it would climb faster
- MI-48 would stop longer than RAH-99 and it would climb higher while stopping(due to wings)
- of course due to mass, forcing a change of direction would be slower and the centrifugal force would be much higher than that of RAH-99's.