I've had the game installed for months (perhaps a year) and I've never encountered any problems in that time, whatsoever until now. I'm able to launch the game through Steam, into the game Launcher, and browse through the Launcher without any trouble, but when it comes to launching the game, it crashes.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Operating System Version
Launch game, press 'Play', instant crash.
I've reinstalled the game twice, updated my graphics drivers, validated game cache integrity many times, reinstalled Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, ran a Windows System File Check, and removed all mods and none of these has allowed me to get past this error once.
it seems that game has trouble to write into your profile folder on C drive in documents folder due some restriction.
Could you please try?
- Create folder named test on another drive than C drive
- Start Arma 3 Launcher
- Go to Parameters>All Parameters>Advanced>Profile folder
- Tick Profile folder and select folder test on your drive which you have created already
- Click on Play button in Launcher and game should boot into main menu in default settings
- Quit game
- Copy files from C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\Arma 3\ into YOUR DRIVE:\test\Users\NAMEOFYOURGAMEPROFILE\
- Game should start with your settings and savegames if you click on Play in Launcher