So I have no video proof of this bug but it has happened randomly to me once and to my friends twice. This happened to us on official servers only. (They are very laggy and community servers are where we play now instead)
Servers are currently sometimes randomly setting players back from where they log out to somewhere they were previously. All while losing all the loot they gained in between that time. (about 10 minutes) Also randomly getting database errors over and over again.
- Character dies during PVP battle.
- Player decides to not respawn and just exit game on "You are dead" screen.
- Player gets back online and respawns into server with all gear like nothing ever happened.
IN DEPTH VERSION
- Character dies during a PVP battle.
- Player leaves server they are in, instead of respawning. (On "You are dead" screen)
- After quitting, the player reloads into game and goes into a server.
- Character still has all loot from previous life and is rolled back roughly 10 minutes.
- Continues playing as if nothing ever happened.
I have no idea why this happens but I believe it has to do with random roll backs and the horrible server performance we are currently seeing on stable branch. Zombies are in slow motion lagging all over the place and players are skipping. Also hit reg is often messed up. Anyways, although I love respawning with all the gear I believed I lost, it should be fixed. Thanks!
Heres a random guy on the DAYZ discord who explained he had the same problem. (not my friend)