I joined a Multiplay.com server my friend was on. I removed my field backpack and hid it in some trees while I did a quick survey of the Berzino docks. The server was laggy, so I ran back to my field backpack, equipped it, and dashed for the church to log out. I waited the full fifteen seconds. I then connected to a GameServers.com server with a much lower population. I was not forced to wait the 90 second timeout. I was immediately placed in the game, but not where I had logged out and without my field backpack. I immediately exited, waited the fifteen seconds, and attempted to reconnect to the Multiplay.com server. I encountered repeated database errors, including a database timeout error. My friend on the server said that it kept stating I was being kicked from the server. When it finally did let me back in, I was again in a different location from where I logged out and again without my field backpack. I ran to the place I had stashed it previously and it was gone.
- Unable To Reproduce
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Get a backpack on a Multiplay.com server
- Take it off and leave it somewhere safe
- Run around for about five minutes
- Return to your backpack and equip it
- Exit the game, waiting the full fifteen seconds
- Connect to a GameServers.com server
- Observe the database timeout error
- Retry until you connect
- Observe you are not in the location you logged out from and your backpack is missing
- Reconnect to the Multiplay.com server
- Observe you are not in the location you logged out from and your backpack is still missing / not where you left it previously
This has happened to me on multiple occasions, each when connecting to another server. In the most recent example, I had not changed my inventory around any time recently. I logged off, came back later and logged into a different server. I got the database timeout error, and when I was finally able to connect to a server much of my inventory was gone, including my backpack.
I can confirm this as well but it happened to me merely just equipping backpack and then logging off and when re-login to the server connected to the same hive I noticed my backpack was missing and my location was rolled back to the point where I was before I equipped the backpack.