I discovered the feature request option hidden in the category drop-down menu. I first posted this on the forums but would rather it was in it's proper place. https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/204541-titan-missile-system-enhancements-feature-request
With the wonderful new Radar and Fire Control Systems arriving soon, that provide the Titan missile launcher with even more potential. Here is the wishlist for the Titan:
Top Down fire-mode option for any Titan missile that can engage ground targets
- If possible, animate the launcher as it switches between direct and top down
Standardised Fire Control for all missiles
- Titan AP locking behaviour same as AT missile. Eg. Lock on to laser designated targets, vehicles etc
- Titan MPRL able to use Direct (SACLOS)
Titan MPRL able to fire AT/AP missiles, and has increased weight (May raise some eyebrows regarding balancing)
- Titan MPRL ideas at bottom of article.
Reintroduce the RPG-42 AA missile to counter the MPRL able to fire AT/AP
- RPG-42 AA - low range, low damage and heaviest RPG-42 munition.
Remove Titans from CSAT and give them some new toys
- Create clones of Titan AT and AA launchers that work essentially the same but look different (queue the jokes about Chinese made knock offs)
Additional thoughts (Extra Titan ammo & new AA Launcher concept):
Anti-Personnel Missile (AP-APERS)
- Directional, airborne APERS munition, works similar to claymore mine
- Detonates early, spreading shrapnel/BBs/bananas/frags in a cone shape towards the target
- Firemodes: Top Down only
- Weight: Heavier than AP missile
- Rename current AP missile to AP-HE
Anti-Tank "Non Line Of Site" (AT-NLOS)
- Missile homes in on a laser designated target
- Firemodes: Top Down only
- Weight: Heavier than AT missile
- Requires cooperation from players or AI for laser targeting.
- NLOS example: There's tank on a road. Soldier A is hidden in a high walled compound half a kilometre away. Solder B laser designates a target (using Laser Dasignator or UAV, etc). Soldier A turns to face general direction of target and launches missile from within compound. If missile finds the target, it homes in on the Tank. Tank goes boom.
If different missile ranges are a possibility then:
AA Short Range Missile (AA-SR)
- Replacement for current Titan AA missile
- Can be fired by Titan AA Launcher (read below) and Titan MPRL
- Firemodes: AA Targeting System and Direct (SACLOS) (Direct only with MPRL)
- Weight: A fraction lighter than the current AA missile
- Max Range: 3km ?
AA Long Range Missile (AA-LR)
- New class of AA missile
- Can only be fired by Titan AA Launcher (read below) and AA Vehicles equipped with a Titan launcher.
- Firemodes: AA Targeting System
- Weight: Very, very heavy. Max 1 reload.
- Max Range: 6km ?
New AA Missile Launcher - Titan AA (Short & Long Range Anti-Air)
- Ammo: AA-SR, and AA-LR listed above, default is LR
- Can receive radar from afar so can engage targets at distance
- Lighter than the MPRL, to compensate for heavy AA-LR missiles
- Long and slim appearance, like a long Titan Compact.
- Pentagonal shaped tube (themed with the square of the Compact and the hexagon of the MPRL).
- Firemode: Radar only
- Replaces the MPRL as the default AA launcher.
- Rename "Missile Specialist (AA)" to "Missile Specialist (AA-SR)"
- Add new class called "Missile Specialist AA-LR"
- Rename "Assist. Missile Specialist (AA)" to "Assist. Missile Specialist (AA-SR)"
- Add new class for "Assist. Missile Specialist (AA-LR)"
Titan MPRL changes
- Can fire AT and AP
- MPRL is the heaviest Titan launcher, heavier than the AA and Compact.
- 3 firemodes -Top Down, Direct (SACLOS) and AA Radar
- Can fire all AT/AP missiles using Top Down and Direct
- Can fire AA-SR missile using AA Radar and Direct
- Add new class called "Missile Specialist MPRL"
- Example soldier loadout could have one AT and one AA-SR missile, and can be paired with any Assistant Missile Specialist
If the above is possible, then the new Titan family would be;
Titan Compact - AT/AP
- Same role as before
Titan MPRL - AT/AP/AA-SR
- Now a jack of all trades, and far heavier than any other launcher
Titan AA - AA-SR/AA-LR
- Short/Long Range AA, new default AA Soldier weapon and default Long Range ammo for vehicles.
Thank you for reading!