About 4 months ago, I used to be able to run ARMA 3 x64 just fine. However it has begun to crash on startup more a more frequently. At first it was only every 1 in 10 tries it would crash, then it became 1 in 5, and so on until I had to start the game 4 or 5 times before it would run without crashing when it started loading (//sounds like hardware fault - but see below//).
I have spent months researching every solution I can find relating to startup crashes for x64 bit ARMA on the internet and have tried every solution that was suggested. I really can't face reinstalling windows just to run the x64 version of ARMA as it's the only application (//and x64 application//) I have installed that doesn't work as intended).
ARMA 3 x32 works every single time without exception, with or without mods and regardless of any parameter changes// as x64 used to//.
The game will randomly run x64 fine with or without mods and parameters customised (happens about once every 20 tries) and once the game is up and running it runs indefinitely without crashing or any issues.
Here are just some of the things I have tried, I can't remember every single thing though:
- -Completely reinstalled ARMA 3 from scratch with no mods or parameter settings
- -Checked my memories health (ram) //memtest// (was fine)
- -Individually tested each of my corsair DDR3 4gb Ram sticks and starting up ARMA each time
- -Underclocked my CPU (GPU has never been OC'd)
- -Updating graphics card drivers & rolling back drivers
- -Verified integrity of game cache
- -Removed all mods
- -Unsubscribed from all workshop content
- -Reset all parameters to default
- -Removed all my profile data
- -changed various values in the registry that supposedly relate to x64 crashes (after x64 ceased to run **not before**)
- -switched to the dev build
- -Tried launching with or without battleye
- -Tried launching using battleeye.exe
- -Creating, removing and editing the nvidia control panel 3d settings for ARMA x64 .exe
- -Reinstalled direct x
- -Uninstalled Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package (both x86 and x64 version), and restarted my computer etc.
- -CCleaner registry cleaner
- -New hardware - CPU, ram, mobo
- -Unplugging and uninstalling all joystick related software
Things I have yet to try:
- De-Fragment PC
- Run a Windows System File Check tool to repair corrupted system files
- Reinstall Windows 8.1 (absolute last possible option)