I have been enjoying the 'Old Man' Scenario since its official release a few days ago. After getting a very large weapons cache loaded onto a number of vehicles I saved the game, and shut my PC off. Next day I launched Arma 3, and everytime I clicked on 'resume' on the Old Man scenario Arma crashes giving me the following prompt with a crash report: 0xC000041D - STATUS_FATAL_USER_CALLBACK_EXCEPTION
I located the save files in C:/Documents folder. Interestingly, reverting to a much older save file successfully launched the scenario. So why not just keep playing from that point you ask? Because no saves after that point ever load again, with the same crash and exception error, in otherwords any save files created from that point never load again. For future reference lets call the last working save file "the last functioning save file.''
I have attempted a number of steps to rectify the issue by applying various solves others have had success with with regards to the same error (though it seems to be a general error that can cover quite a few different issues), but none have resolved the problem:
- Resetting computer, launcher, and Steam
- Verifying system files on Steam
- Checking that NVIDIA videocard is updated with latest drivers.
- Removing some mods (I can only remove mods that were not installed once I started playing the scenario. It seems once you start playing the scenario with a mod, you can't continue playing at a later stage without it)
- Running game as administrator
- Running game in an older windows compatability mode
- Activating/Deactivating BattleEye
Mods that I started the Old Man Scenario with (that save files are now dependant on since I started the game with them installed):
- CPU Terrains - Core
- CPU Terrains - Maps
- Enhanced Movement
- Task force Radio
I'm not sure if this is relevant, but save files are getting big, 170mb and larger...
Assistance would be greatly appreciated