If you shoot a M4 or KA-M or AKSU etc. and reload the magazine for quick reloading (holding the green triangle) and after that try to load the bullets in the magazine that was removed from the weapon (pick up the magazine in hands and hold the green triangle), the bullets will not be inserted into the magazine. If after this you exit the server and return to the server again, then the weapon becomes unusable and the magazine is no longer removed from the weapon, and the weapon does not shoot. The only thing you can do with a weapon after that is throw it away.
- Operating System
- Windows 7
- Load bullets in all you magazines to maximum and leave some spare bullets for this weapon in your inventory
- Put all the magazines in your inventory.
- Load full magazine in you riffle.
- Shoot about half the magazine.
- Change the magazine to the next (full magazine) holding the green triangle on the controller. The character will change the magazine.
- Put your weapon behind your back.
- Take from the inventory the magazine that you half emptied with shots and pick it up in you handes.
- Hold the green triangle on the gamepad, the character is trying to load ammo into the magazine but it will fail.
- Take a weapon in your hands.
- Leave the server.
- Go back to the server.
- Try to shoot. Only one shot will work. You can't reload a magazine anymore - the weapon is broken.
Bohemia please fix this bug!!!
I have already lost so many weapons this way, it demotivates me and other players to continue playing.
This has been happening for two patches in a row 1.04 and 1.05. If the problem is not fixed in the near future, many of my friends will throw the game in the trash.
This is not a fix but until they do correct this issue with the auto-reload function, one way around this is to use the combine feature (circle button) to reload a magazine from your inventory. You can also store magazines in your item wheel and combine from there if you wish.
Personally, I store all of mags at the top of my inventory (chest rig IIRC) so I can simply open the inventory and then quickly select the mag without having to scroll down. Ever since I started reloading mags this way, I have not had a single mag failure / glitch. I've been able to keep / use all of my weapons and magazines for weeks on end.
The exception are the single loading weapons or those with internal magazines / tubes like the shotgun, SKS, etc. Those I can reload with using the triangle button with no issue.
This is certainly not a fix but I'm hoping it can help you until there is.