On WD US 4134, a small squad of my friends noticed that the server was not updating player progress made throughout the map. At first, I was initially skeptical, but on my way back out of Zelenogorsk walking a barrel out to Pavlovo, I experienced this glitch first hand. 30 minutes into my walk of taking a barrel to my base outside of Pavlovo, the server experienced a crash. After the server had restored, I joined back in, only to see my progress reset to about two hours prior to me discovering the barrel at Zelenogorsk.
A few take aways, because this may tie into the glitch itself. I believe this progress glitch could be due to someone running two accounts, or two characters on DayZ. Case in point, a friend of mine shared some items with me that we looted from the Pavlovo military base, and this was done on his alternate. He went back to his primary, and everything was fine until the server crashed. I believe the server might be confusing, or blending the character cache logs based on items, and it might be refreshing me back to a time that he last used his alternative character based upon an item that the server still thinks is either on him, or when it was first given to me. Regardless, please read below, because this is something that will warrant immediate attention.
Q&A for Quality Assurance
Q: Can you repeat this?
A: Yes, you can. In order to repeat this bug, follow these steps below:
- Create or move cached character to US WD4134 server on XBox
- Initiate or Launch into US WD4134 Server on XBox
- Go beyond initial time recording trigger of 15 seconds; extend duration to two hours.
- In order to trigger event, ensure you have moved and/or looted items
- Exit the server before countdown expires
- Reload and re initiate into server US WD4134
- As soon as the game launches you into the server, observe that your character has no recorded progress
Q: What if we can't repeat this bug, or find it?
A: You can circumstantially engage it. Close the server while occupied, or force a crash. Once crashed, and relaunched, the bug should be active. It should also activate and engage while normally exiting the game, or exiting the game before the character countdown timer expires.
As an additional point of reference, you may engage me about this bug.